Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter celebration, strawberries, and growth spurts!

Lots to share in tonight's post so we'll go chronologically

Easter! We celebrated the Lord's resurrection on Sunday and Truett made his Oakmont debut. We tried to go to both Sunday School and "big Church" but Dad kicked us out of Sunday School! (He was hungry and excercising his vocal cords...imagine that!)

This Easter I felt a new level of appreciation for the Lord's sacrifice of His only son. The word "thankful" doesn't describe what I feel knowing the my own son is loved by a caring Father who offered His child for our sins. I can't imagine the pain the the Lord, and Mary, felt on the day. Jayson and I will participate in the Child Dedication service in May and I'm looking forward to publicly committing to bring Truett up in a Christ filled home.

The Easter bunny came to visit Sunday morning. We all know this was more for my pleasure than it was for Truett but I'm okay with that. I had fun making his Easter basket despite hot gluing my finger nail to my skin. All in the name on love.


Doddlebug looked rather dapper in his Easter egg yellow Polo from Granny Angie and Papa Jay.

Another growth spurt has viciously arrived! And just as we were getting into a better sleeping pattern. Late last week Truett was either skipping his 10pm feeding or only eating for  few minutes before following asleep. I knew this would lead to trouble and sure enough he'd wake up around 12 or 1. So we pushed back our feeding to 11/11:30pm and he was able to last until 4/5am and then sleep until 7 or 8 which was nice! Today we've been feeding every 2/2.5 hours. In fact, my blogging was temporarily interrupted by my starving child.

Jayson weighed himself while holding Truett tonight and thinks Truett has crossed the 10 lbs. mark. His little newborn diapers are becoming a little snug!

One of my favorite seasons has arrived...strawberry season! We ventured out to Strawberries on 903 today; conveniently located 5 miles from our house. We picked a quart which are already gone and I'm not sure if Jayson got any. Opps! :) I'm looking forward to the pumpkin patch this fall when Truett is moving around and can enjoy it.


Truett's in there. I promise.

It was feeding time and he did not appreciate waiting while we tried out the Bumbo. We'll try again tomorrow after a feeding.

1 comment:

  1. it is amazing how having children can truly help us grasp the depth of love God had for us! Can't wait to hear all about Truett's dedication coming up. Thankful he has such loving parents that put the Lord first and then their family. And I LOVE his NCSU hat he got for Easter. Go Pack! :)

    ReplyDelete