Monday, May 2, 2011

Giggles and wiggles

Last week started out a little rough for our little man. He's recently developed reflux and gets rather angry when nursing. One minute he's peacefully obtaining nurishment and the next he's viciously screaming! He's so sad because I know he's hungry but it seems to hurt him to eat. We went to the doctor for some help and our little man isn't so little any more. A whopping 9 lbs. 3 oz. Since he had gained over a pound in three weeks, the doctor wasn't concerned about the reflux effecting his growth. He did give us some drops to help. I've seen a little improvement but hope this will end soon.

Sleep update- Now that our growth spurt is coming to an end, we should see more regular sleep patterns. Last night he ate at midnight and slept until 5am. Today he's stretched three and 1/2 hours between feedings which is new for him. We're still figuring our his late night feeding which determines his early morning feedings. If we feed around 11pm, he might go until 3 or 4. And because he doesn't go back to sleep easily after that early morning feeding, we end up staying up longer. We're making progress though.

Along with that 9 lbs. 3 oz. comes a new diaper size and cleaning out his drawers. No more newborns. Even though he was just wearing some of those things a few weeks ago, it's hard to imagine him being that small. We go back to the doctor next Tuesday for our 2 month check-up. This check up comes with the dreaded vaccinations. While I certainly appreciate the need for immunization I have wonder- with all of the research and progress we have in our medical world, why can't we come up with a pill, drops, nasal spray that will combat these diseases?!?! Come on people!

Another milestone...this one for mom. The church nursery! Because we were kicked out of Sunday School last week, dad thought it was time for the nursery. Of couse, Truett's content is most arms as long as he's moving but me on the other hand...not so much! And it's not the people- I trust our church family and my assigned beeper to do it's job. It's the germs. Please understand, I am in no way a germ-freak for myself BUT if I can shield Truett from little fingers and sneezes, I'd like to try. I know, I know...it's inevitable but isn't it my job to protect him as long as possible?!?! Truett baby, I tried! We'll blame your dad if you get sick.

An even bigger milestone, again for me. Daycare. Starts next week and that's all we'll say about that. The end.

Truett attended his first Relay For Life event on Friday. He got to see what I work so hard for- that he will NEVER hear that words "you have cancer".

Today I celebrate 28 years of life. When I was in my earlier twenties I vowed to "age gracefully". Not so much in appearance because other than cleanser, moisturizer, and sun screen there isn't much I can do. But I mean just accepting and appreciating the 28 years of blessings and experiences I've been given and hope that what knowledge and wisdom I have acquired will serve me well in the years to come. We'll see how that works out. But I am thankful for a wonderfully blessed life filled with love and laughter. Many thanks to those of you have contributed to my life thus far!


Sunday morning before we made our appearance in the nursery


Giggles for daddy

Playtime overload!

We few weeks ago we celebrated our 4 year anniversary. We enjoyed a lovely date night and went to a paint your own pottery place. All of the pictures on the plate represent our lives over that past foyr years. Clockwork: Caswell symbol where we met and were married; Truett; campfire because we enjoy camping at Carolina Beach; Harker; Charleston's rainbow row; peacock that represents Hawaii; rowboat from the the Wooden Boat Show we go in S.C every fall; Christmas tree- a new tradition we started this past Christmas of cutting down our own tree from the NC mountains; and finally the amazingly delicious Bill's Hotdogs, an orignal from the Original Washington. The hydrangea in the middle is for our wedding flower.

Why a picture of our empty porch? This, my friends, is the future location of my swing that my crafty husband is going to build for us. That was my birthday wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment