This month's milestones:
- SMILES! Lots of smiles
- He's starting to coo and talk with us
- Enjoys his playmate much more now
- Follows us around the room
- Makes eye contact when we talk
- Great neck strength
- Enjoys bath time- we read books, sing songs, and play. I love it!
Last week we went back to the doctor for a cough and nasal congestion. The cough was another symptom of his reflux so the doctor advised us to up his medicine dosage and to start putting rice cereal in his bottles. I did some research and read that adding cereal into bottles for babies under 4 months can lead to overeating and unnecessary weight gain. We decided to only add it to his night time bottle since that's when his reflux was the worst because he was laying down; during the day we can keep him upright. The first two nights he had the rice cereal, he slept for 6 hours. Oh yeah!! Saturday night he woke up earlier at 4:30 but went right back down until 7am. The cereal helps to thicken the milk so it doesn't come up as easily.
I enjoyed my first mother's day this past Sunday. Truett impressed me with a sweet card, breakfast in bed, and later on shrimp and grits, my favorite. We had a picnic planned but the weather didn't cooperate. My parents stopped by for a visit so I was able to see my own mom.
We went for Truett's 2 month check up today (Tuesday). He's up to 10 lbs. 3 oz. (He's gain 8oz. in 4 days!!) Overall he's gained 4 lbs. since he was born which is exactly where he should be. He's now 22 inches long and in the 25% for both weight and length. He was 10% at his one month checkup. I'm so grateful for health! I've seen too many sick children with my job and can't imagine the pain their parents feel when they are helplessly watching their children suffer. Speaking of suffering...Truett received three vaccination shots today. And while I agree that vaccinations are for his well-being, I really wanted to punch our doctor in the face today for making my baby cry. And he had real tears today! Those were a first. And I won't lie and say that I didn't shed my own little tear or two with Truett. He's sleeping soundly in his swing now so all is happy again in neverland.
I can't wait to see what the next four weeks have in store for us!
This is a Papa Jay expression!
Daddy's hat
Granddaddy Jeff's little farmer
I love this picture. Haha
Happy 1st Mother's Day Sarah!! So excited about these wonderful milestones T is reaching. Isn't it just the best when he smiles so big at you??
ReplyDeleteHappy first mother's day! Love the new pictures!
ReplyDelete