Sunday, May 29, 2011

Catchin' up!

Well hello blog! It's been a while.

I re-joined the working world a few weeks ago and being on the computer wasn't at the top of my "to-do" list when Jayson and Truett got home in the afternoons. We've got a lot of catching up to do though so here we go.

Truett's baby dedication was last Sunday. We're so blessed to have family close by who can join us for special occasions like these. Our family took up an entire pew! Poor Truett, I don't think he's been held that much since he was born. He took it like a champ though and enjoyed all of the attention. After church we came back to our house for a good ol' summer cookout!



Most of the family...we're missing a few

Papa Jay with baby T

Truett discovered his hands this week.  It's funny how little things like that are such triumphs. You can see him thinking..."reach out...now open my hand...now close my fingers around this colorful thing (his links toy)". He swats at his playmat toys now too and works hard to life his head.


We celebrated another triumph at the Swain house this past week- a full night's sleep. Oh yes, my friends! Truett has slept from 10pm-6am/7am for four nights in a row. He still wakes up between 3 and 5 but we're able to get him back to sleep so I have faith that he will soon go all night without waking.

Superman of sleep

 This past weekend we headed to Winston-Salem for my cousin Brooke's wedding. Those pictures to come soon. This was our first roadtrip past the grandparent's house. Everytime we go somewhere I say, "I need a checklist"! Between the boppy, diapers, medicines, bottle warmers, Harker, leashes, shoes, and all things in between, it's surprising we haven't left something important...like our child!  Jayson and I have really tried not to use Truett as an excuse for not doing something or going somewhere. Just because we have a baby doesn't mean the world stops turning. He goes where we go. Let's just hope I say that a year or two from now! :)

Truett's first hotel stay. He slept through the night, by the way.
Sunday morning we had the pleasure of joining the Mann's for breakfast. Emily and I were college roomies in Apt. 150F. Great times!!


I promise to update again soon!


2 comments:

  1. wow, lots of catching up! Hope all is well with transitioning back to work. T is one cute thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loooove his little smirk in that bumbo shot. so cute.

    ReplyDelete