Saturday, April 9, 2011

To feed or not to feed?!?!

I'm writing this post at 3:38am while Truett makes his decision on where or not he'd like to keep feeding or go back to sleep. We'll see how far I get before 1) he starts crying or 2) he goes back to sleep. My hope and desparate plea is that he goes back to sleep, soothed by the sound of my typing. :)

We had our 1 month check up yesterday morning and our growing boy is now 8 lbs. 1 oz. and 19 3/4 inches long.  We're up from 6 lbs. 2 oz. and 18 1/2 inches at birth. Everything checked out great! Our doctor was concerned about jaundice due to the whites of eyes being somewhat yellowish and asked us to go in for some bloodwork yesterday afternoon. They tested for jaundice, iron, and his red blood count. Thankfully the tests came back negative! Thank you Lord. That was a scary moment for me. I took him to the hospital for this testing and the whole time I'm going through the "worst case senario". If you know me well, you know I hate needles and all things hospital! I'm so grateful Truett won't remember his bloodwork experience and Ihonestly believe it hurt me than it did him. We were in and out in 15 minutes and we went straight home for snuggle time!

Jayson was on baby duty last night and had a very fussy Truett! He didn't get either of his morning or early afternoon naps so he was exhausted and cranky. I attended ECU's Relay event last night for a couple of hours and Jayson said Truett cried the whole time I was gone. When I got back, we were able to quiet him down and finally get him to sleep. While I hate my little man was upset, it's nice to be needed and be able to give him comfort.

Still sleeping, by the way.  So why am I still typing and not sleeping? Good question! Easy answer- he's a tricky little fellow. He seems to know exactly when you've exited his room and are laying your head on your pillow before waking up. I usally give him a minute or two to get into his good, deep slumber.

Wait...I see movement and there he goes...Signing off.

1 comment: