Monday, August 1, 2011

No creative title comes to mind so...

We'll just dive right into the updates!

First, apologies to the grandparents who faithfully watch our blog for pictures and updates. I have no excuse good enough to give.

Second, our child is growing too fast! Since Truett joined our little family, I've tried really hard to enjoy every second and really prioritize my time. Things that can be done after he goes to bed are put off until then (and sometimes to the next day or the next). I realize how quickly time flies and I hate the idea of missing an opportunity to love on him and spend time as a family because I'm doing the dishes or laundry. Who needs clean clothes anyway, right?

Our 4 month check-up was great minus the shots. Truett weighed 13 lbs. 1oz. and was 24 inches long (I think). He's moved into the 25th percentile for both height and weight. This round of shots were much worse than the first. His appointment was on a Friday and all weekend he was cranky, ran a fever, and didn't sleep much. We also had some middle of the night feedings which were rather dramatic. I understood why God designed pregnant women to have to get up in the middle of the night in preparation for their baby but when we've had awesome, sleep through the night, slumber for two months, it was rough!  The doctor was impressed with his communication with us- proud parents already! Since then he's taken off with eating rice cereal, sitting up (although a bit wobbly), baby talk, sleeping on his belly, reaching for things including my hair and necklaces, and his amazing flexibility, which Jayson is pretty jealous of. He's almost got his left foot in his mouth along with everything else he touches.

Normally I wouldn't "blog" about the trails of parenthood because this is a joyful blog but this is personal challenge that I could use your prayers on. We were very fortunate to find a sitter to keep Truett in her home for us since he was 9 weeks old. She was a teacher, I knew her husband through Relay, great kids, Truett loves her, etc. I had a VERY hard time leaving him with someone else who, to be perfectly honest, wasn't me! She didn't know how he liked to be held, or that he likes to sleep in his swing, or soothed with "shushing". I hated the idea that she would see him more than me. But life goes on and the bills still come so I put on my big girl panties and dealt with it. Now that we're all adjusted, she's going back to work and we have to find new childcare. We have secured a spot at a daycare down the road from us that I really like but my major issue with daycare is the teacher to child ratio (1 to 10 per class). I can barely handle my one, how can I expect someone to handle 5. And babies! Babies who need to be held, loved, read to, fed, changed, propped up and re-propped up! So, with all that said we've started the search for a sitter to share with another couple who is expecting their 1st child in August. Here comes the "but"...if we don't take this spot, we may not be able to get back in until he's three! There's a lot to be said for daycares and the development they provide children. I should never be allowed to teach! It's not my calling and bless those who do. So I want him somewhere that he'll get that nurturing. This has been the most stressful decision we have had to make! I worried more about childcare than I did laboring and delivery. If childcare was only as easy as his birth! :)

I've been a single mom for a few days while Jayson's been traveling for work. 9 long days! He's been in Miami but I'm pretty sure he hasn't been living the good life. He misses us too much! Major kudos go out to single parents, military spouses, etc. It's no joke! Thank you to my mom who stepped in to help me over the past few days. Jays- hurry home! We miss you.

On to the real reason we look at baby blogs...PICTURES!
Leighton and Truett first meeting

Taken two seconds prior to falling backwards


New growth chart at Granny Angie and Papa Jay's

Mozart!

I love his smile

1 comment:

  1. oh Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about your child care dilemmas. I know that you will know what is best for Truett and for your family but I will be praying that the Lord will make it crystal clear for you. Children are resilient and you are a fantastic mother so I trust that no matter what you decide it will all work out. :)

    ReplyDelete