Monday, August 8, 2011

5 months and counting

This posting will be a short one. It's Monday and I'm pooped!

5 months of love and joy! Truett's accomplishments
  • Rice cereal- He didn't love the regular rice cereal so we've switched to whole grains and he does much better with that. We'll probably start him on pureed veggies soon because I would imagine he's getting bored with the grains and milk.
  • He sits up by himself although a little wobbly. We keep the Boppy behind him just in case.
  • He's very interactive with his toys. He knows which ones he likes and will reach for them.
  • I may be making this up but I really believe his attention span is developing and it's short! He doesn't like to do one thing very long so we're constantly moving him from jumperoo, to his play mat, to his Bumbo, etc.
  • He continues to sleep from 8pm to about 5 or 6am when we put him in his swing and he'll go back to sleep 'til 7ish. I'm not sure why he won't stretch to 7am in his crib but I'm not too concerned about it since he's been in there for 9/10 hours already.
  • We still give him 6oz. four times a day and have added an iron supplement
  • He loves his 'lovees'! I admit that I forced him to nap with them because I think they're cute. But now he loves them.
  • His belly laugh is wonderful! And he's starting to have conversations with himself or us, who knows? We're just happy he's communicating with us.
  • Speaking of communication, we've started signing with him. Simple words like 'more', 'eat', 'mik'.
  • My two surfer dudes
    Something to grow in to
    
    In case you were wondering what 72 servings of butternut squash looks like
    

1 comment:

  1. my my, he is cute a button. I can hear his belly laugh now!

    ReplyDelete