Thursday, July 7, 2011

Four months young

Today marks 4 months of love and joy with baby Truett.
We've had lots of fun accomplishments over the past month.

  • Roly Poly- Truett rolled over last weekend from his back to his belly. He doesn't like being on his belly so I don't know how he's going to learn to crawl! He may just go straight to walking.

    1st official roll-over picture
    What happens when you can't roll back over
  • Belly laughs- The most beautiful sound we've heard! When we tried to get it on video, he got camera shy. We'll keep trying and post it.
  • Splish splash- We've always loved bath time but Truett's now splashing and kicking while laughing at himself.
  • New toys- Now that he's big enough, we've been playing in our jumperoo and Johnny Jump Up. He's just now starting to figure out that he's in control of his play. We're still stuffing him in because he doesn't quite fit but he'll get their sooner than we want! Most everything he can hold on to goes to his mouth. And he loves the crinkle-sounding toys.

    Pre-stuffing! Sorry Truett
  • Now that he's rolling, he sleeps on his side. It makes me a little nervous that he's going to roll into the bumpers on the crib so I took the front one off. The other morning when Jayson went in to get him, he had turned 270 degrees and had his feet propped up on the bummers; just hanging out.
  • He's been sucking on his thumb/fingers for the past two weeks or so. I'd rather he suck on his pacey because I can take that away. I can't remove fingers!
  • Still going to bed around 8pm and will sleep until 6ish. We put him his swing until 7 or so and that's his 1st feeding time of the day. He's not the greatest napper but I let him sleep where ever he decides to sleep that day. As long as he's sleeping in his crib at night, I don't care where he naps during the day. We've stretching 3 1/2-4 hours between meals and just this week he's gone to 4 feedings a day; 24-28 oz. a day. After our doctor's visit tomorrow, we'll know when to re-introduce rice cereal. We stopped after a few weeks of giving it to him for his reflux because we didn't see a big difference.
  • He's finally starting to recognize Harker and follow her around and smile at her. We're excited about the day when he starts climbing on her. When they're in the back seat of the car together, she sits beside his car seat, like a proud big sister and licks his head. Truett is the only person she's ever licked. She nudges Jayson and I for attention but hasn't really licked us. I know she's aware Truett's size and she's always gentle with him. I love it!
A few of our favorite new pictures are below.


We obviously like hats

Remember when I said he tries to put things in his mouth? If he can't bring it to his mouth, he brings his mouth to it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new pictures - he is getting SO big! Can't wait to see him soon.

    ReplyDelete