Monday, December 31, 2012

Potty Break

Literally...I'm taking a break from potty training. T's napping and I'm exhausted. I think other mom's say "2 years old" because they want to procrastinate and I don't blame then. I've done two loads of laundry since last night, am on my 2nd shirt of the day, T's on his 2nd pair of pants. Duck timer, duck doll, stickers, water, juice, wipes, Clorox wipes, "Opps" verses "Yay" tally. Good gosh this is hard. But we shall prevail...as long as there are nap times and breaks. (12/31/12)

1/1/13- I'm back to report on our training in progress. Yesterday was extremly frustrating. I gave up around 5 and put a diaper on! I needed a shower and I needed to give my phone's duck timer a break. Bless Truett's heart- he has been a trooper!! When the duck timer would go off- he knew it was time to potty. We'd find our own duck to go along with us; and crayons, a guitar (not joke- I had to take Jayson's guitar in for him play), a basketball goal, books, pretzels, whatever it took to get him on that toilet. Yesterday ended with one more YAY than Opps so I had to see that as a win. The challenge I had yesterday was figuring our a pattern/routine/schedule. We'd set the timer for 15 minutes, he'd go at 14:39. If he didn't go when we tried, I'd set the timer for 4 minutes and he'd go at 3:54. I finally moved it to every 12 minutes or 5 minutes depending on his fluid intake. If he didn't go at the 5 minute mark, I'd go a 3 and then we'd just sit and play.

Today...Happy New Year to us because we only had two accidents. If Jayson hadn't been home to help me I don't know if I could have continued. He went first thing this morning; we went to breakfast w/ a diaper; two accidents when we got back; and the rest of the day wasn't timed and he told us most of the times when he had to go or went when he asked. Happy Day!

It's funny- I never realized how much room diapers take up. Truett's 22 months and today he was in 18 months; with no diaper, they were falling off. We were mooned all day by the cutest tush ever!

He'll go back to daycare tomorrow and hopefully we'll continue to make progress from here. I still have a lot of questions but those will have to come later. Questions like- how will he go in public (I'm not a germ freak but I HATE public restrooms), when do we buy underwear, how do you potty train at night. But for now, I happy to say we're all still alive, my bathroom has been cleaned, toys removed, and I hope and pray the hard part is over. (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment