Sunday, January 8, 2012

Remember us? 8 months.

I won't go over the list of excuses as to why this 8 month post is two months late but I will admit to forgetting my blogspot password! Yikes!

So we'll start with our 8 month pictures. It's a good thing nothing too exciting happened in our lives during the month of November because I don't really remember enough to write about.

However, Aladdin and Abu did win "most creative costume" at our Sunday School costume party! I was planning to go has Pippi w/ Mr. Nelson as my side-kick but got sick and the pink-tails never came to fruition.

And we made our first living room fort. The first of many!
We started using a sippy cup. But it's more of a chew toy than a drinking device! Even now...we'll get there.
And while the month of November usually includes Thanksgiving pictures, uunfortunately for us, I had a terrible migraine Thursday morning so Jayson and I stayed at the house and Truett, who spent the night with my parents, had his first Thanksgiving experience with them. No pictures on our computer to show for it. Thankfully, my migraine got better and my "always thinking" mom packed us a to-go bag of food. We picked Truett and ate our first half of Thanksgiving on the road to Fuquay. There we enjoyed a "heart healthier" meal with Jayson's family.

On Friday, the family went to Pullen Park in Raleigh. I remember going with my parents and riding the merry-go-round and the bumper cars. If you haven't taken your family yet, go! It's beautiful and we're looking forward to many more family days in the park.

November also brought about the lowering of Truett's crib. While some wait for their child to fall out of their cribs prior to lowering it, we thought we'd be proactive and safe our selves the heart-attack of hearing a thud in the night.

As you know, America begins the celebration of the Christmas holiday on November 1st. And for some reason, Raleigh thinks it's appropriate to have their Christmas parade mid-November. So of course, we had to go and join the festivities. And let's face it, we all know the Christmas festivities and traditions are for my sake. I'm okay with that.
A little too much heat, mom!
Truett's picture with Scotty. Look to the left of Jayson's elbow.
Eight month pic! Love that sweet sweet smile.

2 comments:

  1. he is ridiculously precious, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome that T was able to go to Pullen Park & the Christmas Parade in Raleigh already and he is only 8 months old! Already seeing the world! I hate that I missed you and T a couple weeks ago at KC's. Looks like you all baked some delicious things!

    ReplyDelete