We had a great 9 month check-up. Truett's 18.5 lbs. and 26.5 inches long. He's in the 10th percentile for height and 25th for weight. The doctor commented on how social he was and that his development was great. It makes you feel good as a parent when your pediatrician affirms that you're doing something right.
We've broadened our menu and have added meat. The doctor said if he can "gum" then he can have it! We've tried chicken and pasty; spaghetti; and chicken pot pie among other things. He's not a fan of big people food but we're working on it. Still loves fruit and most vegetables. A huge Cherrio fan! The kid loves the Os. I was sweeping some up today and he looked sad that they went into the trash.
We get some gibber-gabber and we know he's talking to us, but who knows what he's saying!? We think we've heard "da da" but it's followed by ga ga ba ba ga da. I was hoping for "mama" for Christmas but maybe for his birthday!
Speaking of birthday...the splash bash is in the works. Tune in mid-March for a post on Truett's 1st birthday festivities.
Truett started crawling on December 2nd! He started and hasn't stopped. He's pulling up and "cruising" around the furniture. He's a natural explorer. I feel a little guilty because while I want him to explore and learn, I feel so bad for him when he falls. That's life, I guess.
| Alphabet Soup |
No comments:
Post a Comment