Sunday, October 23, 2011

Papa Jay's heart hurts

Last Sunday morning around 4:50am I woke up to Jayson saying "heart attack". Never did I expect him to say that his dad had just had a heart attack and was in the hospital. Thankfully, minimal damage was done but this has been a huge wake up call for all of us. The Lord has blessed Truett with wonderful grandparents and we want them to be around for a VERY long time.

Ironically, the day before I was driving home with Truett asleep in the back seat thinking about how blessed we were but also recognizing how quickly things could change. I had just helped host a shower for a childhood friend and was able to catch up with a lot of wonderful women from my home church in Washington. Truett and I had spent the night at my parens house and they enjoyed loving on him. Jayson had gone to the wooden boat show with some good friends from Greenville. My heart was over flowing with thanksgiving to our Lord. Sunday morning was a reminder of how we must recognize and appreciate the daily blessings and relationships that we have.

Truett's first art project was a "Get well soon" picture for Papa Jay



Others were made as special surprises


No comments:

Post a Comment