We left Thursday night head for Oak Island. Jayson and I were excited to visit our "home away home" during the summers while in college, Ft. Caswell. We met up with our wonderful friend, Kerry, and finally met her daughter Chloe. We've been playing match-maker with all of these new girls in Truett's life so we'll see just who he ends up with! Maybe it will be Chloe; who knows?!? Between our friends and the church nursery the boy has some very cute options.
So we all finally made it to bed around midnight on Thursday. (This was not the weekend for routine!) Friday we visited our Caswell friends and Southport. I love that little town. An early retirement is calling my name!! We had planned to stay through Saturday evening or Sunday morning but to our surprise Leighton Hope joined the world! (Alex, Jayson's sister, and her husband Trey's daughter) She came a few weeks early but is strong and will hopefully be home within the next few weeks. We love that Truett and Leighton as so close in age and that Alex and Trey get to experience the overwhelming love and joy that comes with having a child.
So...Saturday we took Truett out on the beach. I wouldn't say he "loved" it but it grew on him. After our short beach excursion, we loaded up, drove to Greenville to pick up Harker and headed to Raleigh to meet the newest member of the family.
We celebrated Jayson's 1st Father's Day. And again, it didn't go as planned but hopefully he know how much Truett and I love and appreciate him. One of the greatest gifts I've been given over the past three months is watching Jayson with Truett. I'm so excited to see their relationship as father and son grow over the years. Jayson already surfing trips planned and I know Truett will treasure those times with his dad. I'm so thankful to our Lord for making Jayson the man he is and what he brings to our family.
Now that we're back into the routine of life we're pretty sure we're about to hit another growth spurt and teeth...yikes! He's been a little fussy lately and is sleeping a LOT! We've started stretching Truett's feedings to every 3.5 hours and he's eating 6oz. at a serving. I'm looking forward to introducing cereal to him soon; mostly for the fun "food on his face" pictures that come along with the green beans and yams. Jayson has squash growing in our garden with Truett's name on it!
He's so close to rolling over from his back to front but just can't get there. We're working on it though so any day now be on the lookout for that post! I just pray he does it with us and not at the sitter's. I'll cry if I miss it! We go to the doctor for his 4 month check up on July 8th. More vaccines...boo!
Enjoy the pictures below
| Hanging out on the porch of the Conference Center, Caswell |
| Friends! |
| He was pouting! |
| Add caption |
| Up on Vespers at Caswell. This was where Jayson and I were married. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Truett in the baby carriage. |
| Another Southport favorite, The Provision Company |
so glad you all had a wonderful time at the beach! T is definitely going to enjoy those trips. :)
ReplyDelete