Truett's schedule: (On a normal/ideal day)
7am- Wake up call to mom
It's taking him about 25 minutes to eat verses 45-50 minutes when he was a newborn.
7:30-8ish- He hangs out with me while I'm finishing to get ready. He usually will sit in his bouncy seat on the bathroom counter so he can see himself. We sing songs and play games. Don't worry, he's strapped in and I put him on the floor when I have to leave the room.
8ish: We leave for the sitter's and he usually falls asleep in the car. For my sake, we'll pretend that he gets to stay w/ me during the day so we'll continue...
Until about 8:30/9 we have Tummy Time and play with our playmate. He's figured out that if kicks the music maker it will continue to play music and light up. Tummy time is hit or miss with him. Sometimes he'll go for 10 to 15 minutes without getting fussy. Other times he'll have none of it. The other morning while I was brushing my teeth, he rolled 1/2 over to his right. I dropped the toothbrush (toothpaste still in my mouth, mind you) and found the nearest camera (on my phone) to capture the moment. I was totally caught by surprise but ever since I've been coaxing him along.
He's also putting it together that when his hand hits something that it moves. You can see his internal wheels rolling about how to make that happen again. The child loves a mirror! He's currently have quite a conversation with the cute boy who looks just like him. I really wish I knew what he was thinking. "Man...this dude is cool"
Back to our schedule- Truett is a cat-napper in the morning and eats again around 10:30. Just this week we've started stretcing him to eat ever three and a half hours verses every three. This means we've dropped our late night feeding but more about that later. Again, we play for a little while but he takes about a two hour nap and eats at 2 and 5:30. He gets another good nap in after his 2pm fedding but not so much after dinner. We're usually going for a walk, out to dinner, errands, etc. so this time frame is sketchy for sleep. Since we just started this new routine, we're figuring out our new bedtime routine. We were feeding at 7pm and he'd stay awake until 8/8:30 but not that he's eating a 5:30 then at 8:30, he may or may not nap in between.
Last week, in the midst if my exhaustion, I suggested we just let him sleep thru his 10pm feeding and see what happens. For a few weeks, we had to wake him to eat at 10 and he wasn't too interested in eating. To our delight he's been sleeping from 8:30ish to 6:30ish ever since. We've increased his bottles to 6oz. and he sucks it dry!
Truett's milestones and firsts:
- Sleeping through the night
- Longer tummy time play while lifting his head
- Discovered his hands and he's getting closer to his feet everyday
- Started his baby babble
- 1/2 rolls
- He can support himself while standing for a few seconds
- Little giggles
- 1st hotel stay
- 1st swim in the pool
- 1st wedding
| The cutest duck ever! |
| Seriously, Dad! Get out of my face! |
| I was waiting for Truett to spit up on his heard |
| Waiting for Papa Jay and Granny's visit on Saturday |
This weekend we're going to Wilmington/Ft. Caswell. Jayson and I met and were married at Caswell so we're excited to take Truett to the Fort and the beach. Harker will be along for the ride so it should be interesting. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment